PREFET, a platform based on and bearing the same name as the ongoing Pathfinder project, offers a four day event focusing on the top technology trends for long-term Research and Development and social impact.
The PREFET project was picked up in 2018 FET-Open call Coordination and Support Action, and runs from November 2018 to October 2020. Its aim is to come up with radically new ideas based on excellent science, while bringing real benefits for the society. It not only relies on the capability and inspiring potential of the researchers, but also proposes an interdisciplinary approach to tackle the topic. The project developed a methodology platform, which follows and promotes principles for successful design and use of future and emerging technologies (FET).
In October, its sub-project IdeAcademy offers series of workshops consisting of “a unique mix of inspirational and practical contents for researchers to meet and dream together of disruptive projects for a better future.”
The workshop, called FET Disruptive Project Ideas Week, is mainly focused on helping researchers to:
- Build R&D projects around top FET Trends as areas with greater potential for long-term R&D focused in creating strong positive social or environmental impact.
- Create “creativity play-grounds” to think together about project ideas. This offers good opportunities specially to young and mid-career researchers looking for areas to focus their activities and efforts in the coming years.
- Increase their chances to reach long-term scope and get financial support.
- Leverage deep-tech collaboration and community building around new technological paradigms.
- Achieve interdisciplinarity, more and more important for the development of deep and disruptive technologies, increasing in complexity from scientific and technological perspectives and in terms of their potential impact in society, politics and environment.
- Reflect about the potential impacts technologies can bring to Earth and Humanity, considering UN’s Sustainable Development Goals as well as “Ethics by design”.
Please find more information in the agenda.
FET-Open and FET Proactive are now part of the Enhanced European Innovation Council (EIC) Pilot (specifically the Pathfinder), the new home for deep-tech research and innovation in Horizon 2020, the EU funding programme for research and innovation.