4-day course on the Top technology trends for long- term R&D and social impact: A unique mix of inspirational and practical contents for researchers to meet and dream together of disruptive projects for a better future
Aims & Objectives
IdeAcademy aims to align with the spirit of FET (Future and Emerging Technologies) within Horizon 2020,
By helping researchers to:
- Build R&D projects around Top FET Trends as areas with greater potential for long-term R&D focused in creating strong positive social or environmental impact.
- Create “creativity play-grounds” to think together about project ideas. This offers good opportunities specially to young and mid-career researchers looking for areas to focus their activities and efforts in the coming years.
- Increase their chances to reach long-term scope and get financial support.
- Leverage deep-tech collaboration and community building around new technological paradigms.
- Achieve interdisciplinarity, more and more important for the development of deep and disruptive technologies, increasing in complexity from scientific and technological perspectives and in terms of their potential impact in society, politics and environment.
- Reflect about the potential impacts technologies can bring to Earth and Humanity, considering UN’s Sustainable Development Goals as well as “Ethics by design”.
Influence decision-making in relation to the role of FET in coming Horizon Europe.
PREFET Creativity Workshops
Small groups of researchers working together in R&D project ideation around Top FET Trends using creativity techniques with the support of experts.
Click here if you would like to organise a workshop with us!
- Impacting storytelling around future and emerging technologies – Life webinars – Ask here for more information.
- RRI basics for early-stage / high-impact technology– Brief eLearning
- Complete project building toolkit and expert support for R&D projects around FET. Access here.
IdeAcademy Week, Online
27th to the 30th of October 2020
An event mixing visibility and networking activities, added value training and dissemination of Top FET Trends.
PREFET, a platform based on and bearing the same name as the ongoing Pathfinder project, offers a four day event focusing on the top technology trends for long-term Research and Development and social impact.
FET-Open and FET Proactive are now part of the Enhanced European Innovation Council (EIC) Pilot (specifically the Pathfinder), the new home for deep-tech research and innovation in Horizon 2020, the EU funding programme for research and innovation.