COMPASS joined forces with the FET-Open CSA project FET2RIN, to highlight the challenges of investing in R&D&I projects and to present very promising technologies looking for investment - both locally and internationally. At the end of the day, a pitch session will give the stage to 10 disruptive Future and Emerging Technologies projects, that will pitch their innovation in front of the audience. A judging panel, composed by business angels, early stage investors and EU’BICs, will assess pitches during a dedicated Q&A session after each pitch.
FET projects selected to pitch will receive ad-hoc training before the event from FET2RIN experts, through two webinars:
How to use the Lean Canvas as a base for the Pitch
Thursday 28th February, from 12.00 to 13.00
- Customer vs. Product Development
- How to capture your vision on a single page
- Finding a compelling problem that is worth solving
- Solution - Market / Target groups Fit
- Consequences of Not Understanding a Target group
[Homework for participants: all completed canvases should be sent to the exploitation experts and will be evaluated. Projects will be given a personal feedback.]
How to Pitch for R&D projects
Thursday 7th March, from 12.00 to 13.00
- What makes a presentation appealing and how to explain the exploitation opportunity behind your results?
- How to pitch your research results and exploitation plan
- How to effectively communicate an exploitation model to internal and external stakeholders
- Pitching your exploitation plan to investors and crowdfunding platforms
[Homework for participants: All participants should forward their draft pitches to the experts. The pitches will be evaluated and Projects will be provided with feedback.]
Both webinars are compulsory for FET projects willing to pitch.
Rehearsals will be also organized during the morning of the event in Brussels, to fine pitches and slide decks.