NEXT-GENERATION IOT FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
The rising awareness of climate change has caused the popularization of sustainability and the realization that we need to do things not only differently, but better.
As focus shifts to finding solutions to climate issues, technological advancements and innovation present a promising way forward.
The Internet of Things, for example, which Boston Consulting Group estimates will boom into an $267 billion dollar industry by 2021, promises to
facilitate great leaps in our efforts to transform our places and spaces, from homes and offices to entire cities, into sustainable environments.
If IoT technologies build on not only established technology, but also new capabilities in the backend, such as artificial intelligence, deep semantic
interoperability and novel contractual arrangements like Blockchains, they will undoubtedly bring fundamental change to all sectors of activity, improving the way we live and work.
In other words, IoT is likely to be an essential element of the Next Generation Internet, setting the groundwork for systems and devices of the future.
Each year, numerous thought leaders from the worlds of research, industry, business, tech and science shed light on the future of technology and its impact on business and life.
- IoT market perspectives on data economy
- Industrial IoT: towards the industry 5.0 revolution
- IoT for health and care in the pandemics era
- Cloud-edge-IoT landscape complementarities and opportunities between Europe and us
- Earth observation: making IoT and satellite data interoperable
- Certifying GDPR and data protection compliance of IoT
- From data spaces to trustworthy Artificial Intelligence
- Digital agriculture and the future of agro-food industries
- IoT and edge computing and its impact to UN SDGs and European green deal
- IoT and edge computing standardization challenges
- 5G for connected & automated mobility summit
- International cooperation for large scale research infrastructures