EFFRA, ECSO and the European Commission's DG Connect will co-host a workshop centred on cybersecurity for manufacturing environments (17 October, Brussels). The workshop will draw attention to the fundamental importance of cybersecurity challenges in manufacturing environments and where they are not yet fully recognised and addressed.
The aim of the workshop is to provide an insight into:
- needs and requirements for secure and resilient manufacturing environment,
- the state of the art and how current solutions address the current needs,
- current and future key enabling technologies and cybersecurity approaches,
- how research and innovation projects and European or International Initiatives are already addressing cybersecurity in manufacturing,
- future requirements and pathways towards secure-by-design manufacturing environments and better integration of cybersecurity in existing systems.
Venue: BluePoint Centre - Brussels, Belgium
Further information: Event website
- 08:30 – 09:15 Welcome coffee & registration
- 09:15 – 09:30 Introduction & objectives of the workshop. Presentation of ICT-08-2019 call
- 09:30 – 10:00 Needs & requirements for a resilient manufacturing environment
- 10:00 – 10:30 Industry 4.0 Ecosystem, threat landscape, key enabling technologies & cybersecurity challenges
- 10:30 – 10:50 Networking coffee break
- 10:50 – 12:45 State of the art of the projects addressing cybersecurity in manufacturing European initiatives
(Industry 4.0, FIWARE, International Data Space Association, Industrial Internet consortium)
- 12:45 – 13:45 Networking Lunch
- 13:45 – 14:30 Cybersecurity solutions available on the European market
- 14:30 – 14:50 Relevant cybersecurity priorities from ECSO's SRIA.
- 14:50 – 15:10 Connected Factories initial analysis on cybersecurity needs & developments
- 15:10 – 15:30 Networking coffee break
- 15:30 – 16:45 Breakout on cybersecurity challenges for Industry 4.0
- 16:45 – 17:15 Reporting from breakout discussions
- 17:15 Close of the meeting