For designing or improving industrial systems and processes, there is today an increasing need for faster and more accurate simulations. The objectives of the second edition of SimRace are to share and discuss, in a multidisciplinary vision, mathematical models, numerical methods and computational techniques for solving complex problems in fluid and solid mechanics.
SimRace 2019 offers the opportunity to mix HPC and numerical analysis worlds in a synergistic way, bringing together scientists and engineers and providing a melting pot of ideas and views between researchers, developers and end-users. SimRace 2019 is organised by ETP4HPC member IFPEN.
SimRace 2019 is the place to be for exchanging knowledge at the forefront of progress in both fields, with a special focus on:
- Model coupling (FSI, THM, CHT)
- Numerical methods and algorithms in science and engineering (numerical schemes, reduced basis, highly scalable solvers)
- A posteriori error estimation and adaptivity
- HPC, data and AI
- Parallel programming and languages for exascale applications (challenging exaflopic applications using or not DSL, EDSL, DataFlow)
- Parallel numerical methods for multi-core and GPU based systems