- About Ideal-ist
- Partner Search
- Events & News
- Tools and Services
- ICT in H2020
Water usage across Europe varies widely, but it is clear that we are using too much to be sustainable in the long-term. More sustainable water consumption patterns need to be implemented, and it is commonly agreed that incentive pricing would be an effective strategy to achieve it, combined with consumer education campaigns.
Inside WaDAM, we draw our attention to strategies that help to manage water demand by solving two issues:
- Reducing water leaks along the distribution network and
- Promoting lower consumption at client level (household, office, etc).
Technologies and management procedures will be proposed to improve water efficient consumption in urban environments. These actions will be aligned with:
- Control and leaks prevention: in terms of materials, control elements, management systems and procedures
- Definition of actions that should have an influence on household consumption: quantification and control systems, information provided to the consumer, analysis of results once this actions have been put in place.
- Identification of improvement procedures to be applied to industrial environments: industrial processes that could reduce water consumption in a meaningful way, control technologies implementation, incentives (e.g. pricing schemes)
The Idealist2018 project is funded by the European Commission, under the Leading Industrial Enabling Technologies ICT theme of Horizon2020 - Research & Innovation Framework Programme, under grant agreement no 645216. Any opinions expressed in these pages are those of the author/organisation, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Commission or the Ideal-ist members